NEWS New Initiative for SDG7: RAEL/UC Berkeley-Berlin Reiner Lemoine Institute Energy Access Group
RAEL looks forward to a new partnership with the Reiner-Lemoine Institute in Berlin, Germany. On August 28th, RLI and RAEL together will sign a Memorandum of Understanding on the scope of their partnership. In this initiative, the partners have created the Berkeley-Berlin Energy Access Group (BBEAG) headed by Philipp Blechinger and Daniel Kammen. At RLI, Philipp is head of the research field Off-Grid Systems.
Based on the 7th UN Sustainable Development Goal (SDG7) to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all, RLI and RAEL have created the Berkeley-Berlin Energy Access Group (BBEAG) in order to
- jointly work on models and tools for electrification modelling and planning,
- explore new fields of sustainable energy-water-food supply and transport,
- provide advice for public and private decision-makers,
- jointly develop projects and apply for project funding,
- establish academic exchange among both institutions and other international partners.
We look forward to a fruitful collaboration, in which we will benefit from our respective areas of expertise, meet the goals developed within our partnership, and create lasting synergies.